Cold Prevention Tips For The Fall Season
The fall season is known for the vibrant colors that bloom from the treetops and the onset of chilly weather.
It’s also a time for coughs, sneezes, dripping noses, and for some, allergies.
What you may not be aware of is the fact that you can avoid getting sick this fall with the support of Chiropractic care in Atlanta!
Catching A Cold In Cooler Weather
The transition from summer to fall tends to result in thousands of resident throughout the greater Atlanta community coming down with colds.
The reason for this is because viruses can replicate and transfer from one host to another more easily when temperatures start to cool down.
How To Minimize Your Chances For Catching A Cold
There are many practical ways you can avoid catching a cold, and it mostly comes down to how well you take care of your body.
Consider the following recommendations that focus on personal hygiene and wellness:
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose to prevent germs from entering your body through these vessels.
- Drink plenty of water throughout your day. Bring a water bottle to work to help you stay hydrated at your desk or during meetings.
- Consume plenty of vegetables and fruits to support your immune system’s ability to fend off harmful germs and bacteria.
- Get at least six to eight hours of sleep each and every day so that your body can function properly and heal itself.
- Exercise at least three times each week for thirty minutes at a time to combat the type of weight gain that tends to come with the fall and winter seasons.
- Avoid particular triggers that negatively affect your mental and emotional health.
- Try to wash your hands throughout the day, especially after touching some natural surface like doorknobs, bathroom stall doors, and bathroom faucets.
Consuming natural supplements like vitamin C and zinc are known to be ineffective when trying to prevent a cold from developing, despite popular belief.
However, medical experts do recognize that taking such supplements at the beginning stages of a cold can reduce the length of being sick by two to four days on average.
What’s the Difference Between A Cold and Allergies?
You can tell the difference between a cold and allergies based on the symptoms you experience and the amount of time that it takes for you to feel better.
Colds tend to take seven to ten days to wear off, while allergies will remain for as long as you are exposed to whatever allergen is triggering your reactions e.g. mold, dust, dander, pollen, etc.
People who suffer from fall allergies also tend to get sick easier because their immune systems are already in a weakened state.
Give Your Immune System A Boost With Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care serves as an effective means for preventing a cold or sickness because of its ability to boost the immune system.
Chiropractic Adjustments remove all existing interferences throughout your body, which allows your internal systems to communicate with each other and function properly.
This, in turn, allows your immune system to continuously operate at a higher capacity, keeping your body healthy and active at all times.
If you are interested in staying healthy during the fall and winter seasons, follow the recommendations listed above in mind and make sure to schedule an appointment with our Atlanta Chiropractors.
We help thousands of people each year fend off sickness and perform at their best. Our Chiropractors can offer you accurate information and activities that you can play on your own time to complement the treatment you receive during your office visits.
Our techniques are also useful for addressing some common conditions like high-blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease.
Don’t wait any longer, place your personal health at the top of your priorities and give AICA Atlanta a call today at (404) 889-8828!