The Chiropractors at AICA Atlanta understand that growing older is a natural process that takes place as each individual goes through their personal life journey.
As we age, the body undergoes a series of natural changes, such as thinning or graying hair, diminishing senses or limited function in bodily organs and normal stress on joints and muscles.
Throughout the United States people are living longer, gaining access to more resources that allow them to make proactive healthcare choices, and are more connected to information that speaks to diet and exercise.
Increasing Average Lifespans
According to the 2012 Center for Disease Control and Prevention report, life expectancy in the United States is approximately 80 years.
This figure is almost twice what it was in 1880 when Americans were living between 35 and 44 years.
As of now, baby boomers are turning 65 years old at a rate of 10,000 per day! As this generation continues to extend their average lifespan, non-invasive and other alternative forms of healthcare, like Chiropractic, can have a critical role in supporting superior health.
Top Health Concerns Facing Aging Adults
Some of the most concerning health conditions aging seniors are confronted with include:
- Heart disease (leading cause of death for women and men)
- Cognitive awareness
- Conditions that affect the eyes, as well as other senses
Age-Related Falls and Injuries
Millions of aging seniors experience a slip and fall accident each year, many of which result in minor to critical injuries.
These injuries, which are largely avoidable, can increase the chances of suffering an early death.
One out of three American adults (aged 65 or older) falls down each year. Around 20 to 30 percent of these people sustain minor to severe injuries, such as:
- Hip fractures
- Head traumas
- Spinal fracture
- Forearm fractures
- Leg sprains
- Ankle fractures
- Pelvic fractures
- Upper arm fractures
- Hand fractures
Avoiding Age-Related Health Conditions through Atlanta Chiropractic Care
Atlanta Chiropractic care helps stimulate whole body wellness and prevents health conditions that cause pain and other uncomfortable symptoms down the line. Choose the alternative approach of Chiropractic care because:
- Chiropractic Adjustments help maintain a healthy spine and nervous system that are interference-, allowing you to perform and feel your very best
- Chiropractic treatment is completely painless, safe and effective for treating a variety of conditions that range from broken bones to insomnia
- Regular spinal adjustments and supportive treatments encourage your body’s natural ability to heal itself and recover from injuries
- Chiropractic is a natural, conservative approach to supporting personal health
By maintaining a healthy diet, getting plenty of exercises, consuming fewer medications, and following through with regular Chiropractic care, you can live a longer, more active life.
Call us at (404) 889-8828 to make an appointment with our Atlanta Chiropractors.