The holiday season is full of an abundance of gift giving, festive parties and meals, spending sprees in crowded stores, planning, and tons of stress. No need to worry or panic, however. Our Atlanta chiropractors have numerous techniques to help boost your health and maintain your well-being during what can be a very stressful time of year for many.
Great Tips To Help Boost Positive Health
- Laughing often is a great way to increase your immune system and boost your mood! Health.com states that “laughing like crazy reduces stress hormones.”
- Do not strive for perfection. Try and live in the moment and enjoy those around you. Do not worry about setting the table perfectly but focus on the company and good food. By avoiding perfection, you will stress less.
- Unplug – when you are always looking down at texts and notifications on your phone it detracts from the time spent with those in your presence and can cause you extra stress. Turn off your phone when you are gathered together.
- There has been research done by the University of Maryland that found when you listen to your favorite music, blood vessels are relaxed and blood flow in your body is increased, which helps calm you and improve your heart health. So, turn up the volume!
- Incorporate some form of exercise into your schedule. Getting your heart rate up helps the release of endorphins which can improve your mood for up to twelve hours!
- Try and maintain a slow pace. It is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays but rushing about can increase your stress and cause you to become easily overwhelmed. Keep a schedule and do not over-extend yourself.
- Taking some days off from work will help reduce your stress and rejuvenate you. Be it a getaway somewhere warm or a “staycation” where you can unwind and relax, taking the time off will help.
For many people, this is a favorite time of year. By keeping your stress level down, your energy levels will rise, and happiness will maximize. We hope that you have a happy and stress-free holiday season. Don’t forget to schedule an adjustment at (404) 889-8828.