If you find yourself suffering from chronic or acute pain, finding relief is most likely at the top of your list or at least it should be. Pain relief and improved overall health are some of the greatest benefits under chiropractic care. Make the time to schedule self-care for yourself and finally put those aches and pains behind you.
Longevity for Success
When staying on a regimented schedule with your chiropractor, your pain can be managed most effectively and prevent pain from returning. The relief from chiropractic care may be noticed within a few short visits; however, seeking continuous care will prevent chronic pain from surfacing again. With regular maintenance, your spine will become properly aligned, and increased flexibility and stronger muscles will develop.
Long-term care also:
- Prevents posture-related injuries and pain. When working in tight spaces or being subjected to being on your feet all day, the muscles and joints can become stressed due to the nature of your work. When posture is compromised, the body can become unaligned causing a variety of symptoms to occur.
- Prevents “text-neck”. As cell phones have become increasingly more advanced, it seems everyone is spending multiple hours a day hunched over looking at their phone checking out the latest news and information. This slouched posture can cause “text neck” which can cause stress to the neck and spine with shoulder pain, wrist pain or headaches as a side effect. When seeking regular adjustments, as well as adapting your posture while holding your phone, some of these unwanted symptoms will diminish.
- Improves Range of Motion and Flexibility. Chiropractic treatment keeps muscles and joints loose and flexible. Lack of flexibility can impair blood flow to the cartilage at the ends of your bones, causing the cartilage to break down prematurely. When muscles in your legs, arms, neck, or back are tight, range of motion decreases and your risk of muscle strains and other muscle or joint issues soars. Poor flexibility or range of motion may also affect your balance and can be a factor in falls.
- Improved immune system functions. When spinal misalignments occur, it causes more harm to the body other than just a stiff neck or back. The bones or tissues can press on the nerves hindering the body’s ability to send signals. With the added pressure added, functions of the organs and immune system can change in a negative way.
- Helps You Avoid Sports Injuries. You’re more likely to injure yourself if your body isn’t properly aligned and balanced when you participate in your favorite sport or activity. Regular chiropractic visits help you maintain proper spinal alignment, reducing your risk of strains, sprains, and other sports-related injuries. Long-term care can also quicken recovery time after a workout.
- Minimizes the need for pain medication. With an opioid epidemic, pain medication is being rationed to control and manage future dependency. With chronic pain sufferers, pain management is a vital factor in helping a person function throughout their day. Chiropractic care can provide its patients with a pain management system that takes away all the side effects of pain medication by replacing medication with spinal adjustments. This method not only manages pain on a day to day basis but also corrects misalignments and heals in a natural way.
- Makes Breathing Easier. Spinal adjustments relieve pressure on the thoracic nerves that serve the lungs and loosen muscles, making it easier to take deep breaths.
- Keeps Arthritis Pain Under Control. Chiropractic care helps reduce pain, decrease inflammation, and improve joint mobility and flexibility in people who have arthritis.
- Decreases Headache Frequency. Tight muscles, nerve pressure, and spinal misalignment can be factors in tension, headaches, and migraines. Thanks to long-term chiropractic care, you may experience fewer headache days each month.
- Gets to the root of the problem. Instead of just masking the pain, chiropractic care will not only manage the pain and eliminate symptoms but treat the underlying reason for why the symptoms are occurring in the first place. If symptoms are left untreated, your pain can continue for weeks, months, or even years.
If you are looking to take control of your health and begin to improve the functionality of your body, our Atlanta chiropractors are ready to help. Contact our team today to schedule an appointment by dialing (404) 889-8828.