If you’re experiencing recurring neck or shoulder pain, your Atlanta chiropractors are here to help you regain proper head posture.
Do you feel wiped out at the end of the day? Does your neck have a constant ache along with frequent headaches and possibly even fibromyalgia?
Did you know that head posture could be the cause of all these symptoms?
All About Forward Head Carriage
A correctly positioned head has the opening of your ear centered over your shoulder.
When your ear opening is off center and in front of the shoulder, that’s a forward head posture or forward head carriage. Every inch that your head is off center exerts unnecessary weight on the muscles in your neck and upper back, making it more strenuous just to keep your head up.
Sadly, today’s lifestyle often aggravates the problem. We sit hunched over our desks, our kids lean closer to the television and play video games, and we drive for long periods.
All of these result in a forward head carriage. Without treatment, disc compression and poor health can result.
How You Can Help Yourself
To correct forward head posture, try the following:
- See your Atlanta chiropractor at AICA Atlanta for an adjustment regularly. Proven to be effective in reversing forward head posture, chiropractic care can reduce pain and prevent further deterioration of the spine.
- If you sit at a desk during the day, stand up and stretch every 15-20 minutes.
- Minimize the amount of time spent watching television or playing video games.
- When you are sitting, focus on your posture. Sit up straight, with your head upright and centered over your shoulders.
- Use a cervical pillow at night to support the proper curve of your cervical spine as you sleep.
Contact AICA Atlanta about any concerns you may have about forward head posture. If you’re experiencing neck or back pain, headaches, muscle weakness or fatigue, call today to make an appointment.