Found in processed foods, sugar is an increasingly common ingredient.
Surprisingly, many of us consume the equivalent of 53 teaspoons of white sugar daily! Many experts concur that lowering your sugar intake is vital for maintaining your health and well being.
Reduce Sugar Intake
In case you aren’t quite convinced, the team at AICA Atlanta has created a list of five reasons to minimize the refined sugar in your diet.
- Sugar triggers the body to release more adrenaline. This has been connected to hyperactivity in young children.
- The pancreas has to work harder the produce insulin the more sugar you ingest. Diabetes occurs when the pancreas is overworked and cannot eliminate sugar from the bloodstream anymore.
- Sugar escalates anxiety, irritability and mood swings. Sugar will not help a person feeling anxious or stressed, but a visit to your Atlanta chiropractor could!
- Sugar decreases the efficiency of white blood cells for at least five hours thereby compromising your immune system.
- Eating sugar lowers the amount of high-density cholesterol (HDLs) which causes an increase in harmful cholesterol (LDLs).
Making Healthier Choices With Our Experienced Chiropractors
A healthier option for the sweet tooth is to try adding raisins, dates or honey.
Alternative sweeteners like Stevia are a good option as well. They can be found in several forms at the grocery store, will not raise your blood sugar levels and have no calories. If you are interested in improving your personal health through a well-balanced diet, contact our office today to speak with a certified specialist.
Our Atlanta chiropractors can show you great tips that can help reshape how you approach food and support your long-term health. Just dial (404) 889-8828 to schedule a free consultation with one of our trained chiropractors today!
AICA Atlanta’s office is open Monday through Sunday and provides 24 hour assistance for your convenience.