With the holidays upon us, the Chiropractors at AICA Atlanta are offering some tips for how Chiropractic care can help make this time of the year less stressful.
Anxiety and stress negatively affect the spine, which can cause some uncomfortable symptoms that includes:
- Muscular tension
- Neck pain
- Back pain
Chiropractic Care and Stress Relief
The pain that you experience from such symptoms magnifies the stress that you carry, which is why Chiropractic treatment is a must-have during the holidays.
Chiropractic care is dedicated to providing immediate pain relief when it comes to musculoskeletal complaints, which also promotes mental and emotional health.
Holiday Stress and Subluxations
Subluxations develop within the spine and act as barriers that prevent nerve cells from circulating throughout your body. All subluxations are caused by stress.
Physical stress can take place as a result of a traumatic experience, such as a car accident, slipping on ice, maintaining incorrect posture, or suffering some accident on the job.
Emotional stress tends to develop as a result of being unable to cope with various triggers or events that cause emotional trauma.
Chemical injury often occurs after someone uses some prescription or illicit drug, consumes unhealthy foods for prolonged periods of time, or is exposed to hazardous toxins produced by their environment.
When subluxations are present, they prevent your body from functioning naturally and correctly, which significantly impairs your ability to heal yourself.
By working with one of our experienced Chiropractors, you can rid your body of all barriers that prevent you from feeling and performing at your best.
The key to avoiding holiday stress is to prevent it from developing ahead of time.
Check out the following recommendations for reducing stress and preventing subluxations from developing:
- Remember to breath (slowly for a few seconds, hold your breath in for another few seconds, and exhale slowly through pursed lips)
- Make time for yourself each and every day
- Shop online for all of your holiday gifts
- Set a specific budget for purchasing gifts and allow yourself to stick to it.
- Allow someone else to cook when preparing large meals
- Avoid smoking cigarettes at all costs
- Allow yourself to say “no.”
- Create to-do lists for yourself
- Set expectations that are realistic and comfortable
- Try to meditate each day
- Relax with your eyes closed, listening to your favorite music
- Schedule an adjustment with AICA Atlanta
Let the Chiropractors at AICA Atlanta Take Your Stress Away This Holiday Season
The Chiropractors at AICA Atlanta are experienced at providing stress management solutions that will keep you happy and healthy throughout the holiday season.
Schedule a consultation with our Atlanta office by filling out our online submission form or by calling us at (404) 889-8828.