Unhealthy posture affects a significant portion of the United States population and triggers a variety of negative physical consequences. Even though maintaining healthy posture is based on personal habits and behaviors, due to the modern office environment, many people throughout Atlanta slouch, slump, hunch, or lean for long periods.
Maintaining unhealthy posture can cause significant pain and discomfort. Fortunately, the Atlanta Chiropractors at AICA can help correct this.
Contributors to Poor Posture
Some of the reasons why many patients throughout Atlanta suffer from poor posture includes:
- Excessive weight
- General weakness in the midsection
- Muscle imbalance or spasm
- Pain in areas of the body that prevent proper posture
- Self-esteem issues that cause you to slouch
- Degenerative conditions preventing correct posture
- Over-reliance on support from a non-ergonomic chair
Poor Posture Contributes to Poor Health
One of the primary results of maintaining unhealthy for long periods posture is pain. Your body requires constant balance and when patients continuously position themselves in ways that add stress on their pelvis, back, neck, knees, shoulders, and hips – imbalances naturally develop.
Over time, someone with poor posture can experience chronic pain that can continue to increase in severity if treatment is not sought after.
Let Our Chiropractors Help Improve Your Posture
Our chiropractors have the ability to examine a patient’s posture to determine what is at the root of the problem. Some of the things your chiropractor will review include:
- Height variance across your shoulders
- A forward tilt in the pelvis
- Alignment in your knees
- Stance variations like turning one or both feet outward
- Changes in your normal gait
- An increase in your spinal curvature
Once the underlying factors of a patient’s postural condition are determined, our chiropractors can develop a treatment routine that helps address and correct the source of the issue. Along with spinal adjustments, your chiropractor may provide recommendations around how to maintain healthy posture while sitting, standing and walking.
Contact our team at AICA Atlanta today for immediate support. Just dial (404) 889-8828 to schedule a consultation or an examination.