Some people are skeptical or even a little frightened of chiropractors as they know a chiropractor manipulates the body. When a manipulation is performed, the body makes a “pop” or a “crack” sound and that can be terrifying to those who are already in pain as that sound can bring them back to the reason for why they are in pain in the first place.
However, if you are someone who suffers from pain caused by a herniated disc, you may find a great deal of relief from a chiropractor if you are willing to give them a try. A trip to a chiropractor could even help you postpone or even completely avoid a potential back surgery!
Treating A Herniated Disc
Not all cases involving herniated discs can be treated by chiropractors, those who have severe herniation may however need decompression surgery. However, before jumping into surgery it’s always best to explore all the options first! If you decide to try a chiropractor out, our Atlanta chiropractors will meet with you first and provide you with an examination prior to any manipulation or treatment to find out if you are a good candidate for this type of treatment.
Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor
- Decrease pain, increase mobility
- Natural, holistic treatment method, less invasive and possible alternative to surgery
- No side-effects
- Receiving treatment by highly skilled and trained doctor who has expertise of musculoskeletal structure who can reduce pain and promote healing.
- Likely covered by insurance
Come see us!
If you have been diagnosed with a herniated disc and your doctor has referred you to a chiropractor, go! If you are on the fence and trying to weigh out the pros and cons, the pros will outweigh the cons by far! Come see us at AICA Atlanta!
Our team of chiropractors will meet with you prior to performing any spinal adjustments and evaluating your results from yours X-rays and MRI’s as well as an in office exam. If our team determines that you don’t suffer from any neurological symptoms or issues we will begin suggesting treatment options for you within our office.
What We Look For At Your First Appointment
- Are there neurological symptoms and are the reflexes operating within normal range?
- Have you lost feeling or sensation in any part of your body?
- Is there muscle loss or weakness?
- Treatable abnormalities/ confirmation from medical results (X-ray/ MRI) that you do have a herniated disc.
If our team of chiropractors determine that you are a good candidate for chiropractic treatment, we will go over what treatments we feel would be best for you and explain all your options and answer any questions you may have!
If you suffer from a herniated disc and have been on the fence about seeing a chiropractor, please call us today so we can meet with you and ease your mind about this effective and natural treatment option. Call today at (404) 889-8828 to schedule an appointment today!